Democratic Classroom Leadership Learning Community
To provide educators 20 hours + of coaching and mentoring within a professional learning community in support of their Democratic Classroom Leadership.
• Five 2-hour face-to-face learning community coaching sessions (every other month)
• Eight 1-hour monthly video/call-in coaching sessions
• Online community for sharing best practices and Q & A
• Times and dates TBD based on upcoming participant survey. (Consistent attendance not required)
Optional and Recommended (additional costs apply)
• 1/2 day, 1-day refresher workshops and team coaching
• Chris Fontana attending a PLC (Professional Learning Community) ie: during a Job-Alike PD Wednesdays or another time.
Educators who have completed Level 1 or 2 of Preparing Global Citizens Through Democratic Classroom Leadership Summer Institute
Free Clock Hours
Educators receive 3 clock hours per face-to-face session including 1 hr. of work on own. 15+ free clock hours over school year.
Choose pricing structure:
• School Price (unlimited participants) $1,800*
• Price/Educator $250*
Cost includes snacks and clock hours.
Cost greatly reduced through generous donations to Full Circle Leadership Center [FCLC].
If listed cost is prohibitive, please request further cost reduction from FCLC.
Beacon Hill International School, 2025 14th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144
(on bus line 36 and 60 / 4 blocks from Beacon Hill Light Rail Station)
Registration is CLOSED for the 2019-2020 school year.
Marcus A. Campbell, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent & Principal, Evanston Township H.S, Illinois –one of our nation’s top public schools
“What did you say to my faculty!? They have talked about how ‘life changing’ their five days with you were. THANK YOU! What you have done is truly amazing and I am appreciative of your willingness to invest in us. Your work has added a much-needed wind in our sails at ETHS. I am extremely grateful for our partnership. This is powerful culturally responsive teaching!”
Ted Howard II, Principal Garfield HS, Seattle, WA
“Sending a team of teachers to this training created an energy around valuing student voice in a democratic classroom. This energy has inspired other teachers to implement similar systems in their classrooms, with the overall benefits being better classroom cultures and students feeling a greater sense of belonging.”
“I expected that I would leave this workshop with the tools to empower my students to have agency in their own classroom experience. What I didn’t anticipate was the amazing cohort of educators whom I know will both provide and accept support as we dive into this work.”
“Incredibly eye-opening experience! Well researched, planned, and executed. I am walking away networked within a community of educator leaders and a plethora of real-life strategies and tools in order to support my work with student leaders.”
“I think that if I can implement one or two principles of a democratic classroom in my own classroom from the rest day of school, the domino effect will be transformative; I will feel better about my teaching and I will have a room full of student-leaders instead of a room full of students I need to manage.”
Of 80 educators who completed the Summer Institutes in 2018:
• 75 respondents would recommend it to a colleague, and of those 75, 61 would strongly recommend it.
• 5 respondents may recommend it to a colleague after they experiment with strategies.